[HPADM] New Installation

From: Perez, Percy (PercyP@versa-valves.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 08:48:18 EST

Hello Everyone,
I have just receive an L1000 with an Virtual Array 7100.
This system does not have an OS loaded.
I am going thru some of the CDs I received from HP, and it seems that the
latest hp-ux 11i operating environment CD is dated March 2002. ( version
B.11.11)
I also noticed that there is a console. I was informed to used the
webconsole, which comes bulit-in.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is the March 2002 CD the latest release? What about the difference
between the following CDS: ( support-plus/support pack/hp application server
)
2. How do I configured the WebConsole for the first time? it is not an
external webconsole. Or am I better off connecting via a Laptop thru the
Serial port?
3. Any pointers on installing 11i, file systems/memory concerns? Systems
comes with 2 GIG MEMORY AND 2 internal 18gig Hard drives. The VA 7100 has
5x18Gigs. Connected via 2 fiber cards.
4. ANY OTHER WATCH OUTS????

I am migrating an existing D250 to this server.

Thank you for all your help.

Percy E Perez
Proprietary and Confidential: The information transmitted is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
delete the material from any computer.