[HPADM] SUMMARY OMNIBACK II : changing cellservers hostname

From: Paul.Soltermann@vonroll-isola.com
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 08:09:57 EDT

Thanks to all for the help!

Hansen,Ole
Armanini Oscar
Lodge, David
LAVERY,MIKE
Baker, Sanchia
Frank Bonnet
Mike.Keighley
Mike_White
HAUTECOEUR Bruno

I used this selution:

you have to do the following:
* stop omniback: /sbin/init.d/omni stop
* edit the following files and change the names of your hostnames:
  /etc/opt/omni/cell/cell_server and cell_info
  /etc/opt/omni/users/UserList
  /etc/opt/omni/datalists/*
* start omniback: /sbin/init.d/omni start
* omnidbutil -change_cell_name

* Control your devices in the Omniback GUI. I'm not shure if they are
OK. Perhaps you have to make the changes in the GUI.

Thanks !

Hi,
For compatibility reasons we have to change our cellservers hostname

from : hp-test.name.sola.ch (ip 191.166.210.111)
to : hp-test.newname.sola.com (ip
191.166.210.111)
I tryed with : set_parms hostname

When i try to edit the file /etc/opt/omni/cell/cell_server after
changing /etc/hosts ,
the following message appears at OMNIBACK start:
 <Your user name shuld be added to the OMNIBACK II user group ! >

What is the easyest way to do this changes?

Thanks a lot !
Paul