[HPADM] monitoring file i/o activity

From: Richard L. Rhodes (rhodesr@firstenergycorp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 03:54:28 EDT

Is there any way in HPUX 11i to monitor what files a process is
accessing, the kind of I/O (read/write), and the number of I/O's to
the files?

We're trying to figure out some problems with processes that access
large numbers of files. We can tell the I/O per filesystem, but are
having trouble finding a way to tell what's happening on a per-file
basis.

This an hpux 11i system, with OnlineJFS and VxVM.

Thanks

Richard L.Rhodes
First Energy Corp
rhodesr@firstenergycorp.com