[HPADM] Summary RE: Sam Printing

From: Livingston, Don (Don_Livingston@Standardaero.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 14:19:25 EDT

Thanks for the replies from: William, Rita, Kevin, & Allan. Three were
similar, said to use SAM. Rita's was the first response, which I used.

In SAM you can save your printer configuration
SAM/printers & plotters/lp spooler/save&restore printer configuration
..save your configuration
cd to /var/sam/lp
tar cvf printer_config.tar /var/sam/lp
Now move that printer_config.tar file to the other box and put it
/var/sam/lp
login to other box
cd /var/sam/lp (you should see your printer_config.tar file)
tar xvf printer_config.tar

Go into SAM on this other box and confirm that all is there....ALL DONE

Thanks
Don
!