[HPADM] Non-bootable C360 workstation:

From: Helfenbein, Henry (Henry.Helfenbein@sanmina-sci.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 14:02:53 EDT

Hello again, fellow HP Admins,

I have a C360 that won't boot. It gets to the fsclean/fsck and then
displays: "fsck: cannot open config directory. /sbin/lib/mfsconfig.d: I/O
ERROR". It goes on to do /sbin/ioinitrce and the same error displays. It
eventually gets to /sbin/bcheckrc and fsclean and I get the same error. It
wants a manual fsck, but I try an "fsck -y" and it you guessed it: the same
error.

I assume that something's whacked, deleted, or corrupt, so I checked another
workstation for this path and find that there are three files in the
directory (cacheFS, hfs, and VxFS) and the file also states that they are
needed or the workstation will not boot. Cool.

So, my question: what are my options? Can I pull only these specific files
from an old IGNITE tape? Can I get this thing on the network somehow and
copy them over? I can't figure another way to do that. Any suggestions on
how to get this up again?

Thanks in advance,
Henry Helfenbein