[HPADM] Questions concerning Ignite

From: Thomas Blaney (thomas_blaney@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 12:35:59 EDT

I'm new to the list so I apologize if these questions have been asked
before/recently.

I'm looking at using Ignite to local tape for disaster recovery backups. My
goal is to be able to recover an entire servers files and logical
volumes/volume groups from tape.

1) Can Ignite be used to backup non OS/UX data?

2) Is there a way to include application volume groups (non vg00 volume
groups) in the ignite backup? I'm concerned about backing up the
application volume group lvm config as well as its unix file systems.

3) Is there a way to perform a tape verification after the Ignite backup
ends?

Thanks.