[HPADM] ulimit -d command

From: Neil Paniraj (npaniraj@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 09:51:35 EDT

Folks:

 I got a request from an application owner (cognos)
asking me to run this command "ulimit -d 10485760"

# ulimit -d 10485760
sh: ulimit: The specified value exceeds the user's
allowable limit.

I got the above error message. I dont know what this
"-d" does as the man page doesn't explain all that.
Could someone tell me what this command does and if it
is possible for me to achieve what my customer has
asked me to.?

Thanks in advance to all those who respond.

Regards,

NEIL