[HPADM] resolv.conf file problem

From: Rasheed Tamton (Contractor) (Rasheedt@stc.com.sa)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 03:53:47 EDT

Hi admins,

Recently one vendor deployed an hp-ux 10.20 system in our datacenter as part
of a new project. They were running the system on a test basis for two
months period. They say this system is very much customized (even the Unix)
for the special com application so that it is not a real Unix box.

We were also provided root pw. So as a general rule, we setup resolv.conf
and nsswitch.conf in the system. They said because of this (resolv.conf) the
application hangs and the system crashes. We fail to understand the logic
behind it and argued with the vendor and tried to explain (hosts/dns). They
insist their point. Did anyone had any experience in the past with these
kind of system problems only because of putting the resolv.conf? Does anyone
can guess any possibilities so that it might give us an answer and a
solution.

Thanks in advance,
Rasheed.