[HPADM] RE: upgrading the o/s from 10.20 to 11.00

From: KANUMURI Sreeram (SKanumur@covansys.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 10:33:21 EDT

pl unsubscribe me from teh list

-----Original Message-----
From: Mani, Chandrashekar [mailto:Chandrashekar.Mani@astrazeneca.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 7:31 PM
To: hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl
Subject: [HPADM] upgrading the o/s from 10.20 to 11.00

Hi!

          Iam trying to do the o/s upgrade of a K-class server from 10.20 to
11.00. I understand that doing an update is not safe since it will overwrite
the rootdisk and I won't be able to revert (go back) to 10.20 version, If I
have a problem with the update. I understand that cold install is safe, but
I have to spend a lot of time configuring the tape library all other system
files.My present setup is that I have the root volume group on the 3
internal disks and that is mirrored to 3 internal disk. All the other volume
groups are on the EMC.Below is my questions.

1) If I remove the mirrored internal disk and then do an update of o/s. If I
have problems with the update, can I use the mirrored disk that I have
pulled out and will I be able to go back to 10.20 again..?
2) Let me also know if there is any other safer methods of using the update
and then if I have some issues, I need to revert to 10.20.

Thanks,
Chandrashekar Mani

 Archives:  ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin       (FTP, browse
only)
            http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin   (Web, browse &
search)