[HPADM] cputime limit

From: Rajdeep Sengupta (rajdeep@noida.atrenta.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 02:12:56 EDT

Hi Managers,

When I am setting the cputime to any limit in my script. It is working
in linux ans solaris system. But it is not working in hpux-10.2 or
hpux-11.
In my script Iam setting :
limit cputime 40 i.e cputime is set to 40 seconds. So the process
should automatically end after 40 seconds. But it doesnot in my case

So, is there any other way to define the cputime. if anybody knows the
workaround then pls. help.

Moreover, also pls. tell me when a process is running then where the OS
keeps the details of that process in the memory space like /proce/<PID
number> as in case of linux or solaris.

Thanks

-Rajdeep