[HPADM] Seeing nflocks without glance

From: Masse.Olivier@hydro.qc.ca
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 14:43:22 EDT

Hi

I would like to be able to extract a few system table values (nflocks in my
particular case). Glance does this, but I want something else as recent
events make me doubt on the exactness of the values it reports. So is there
any command (or system call) that can show me this besides glance?.

Someone posted a similar question in 1997 in this list, but there doesn't
seem to be an answer in the archives. The ITRC suggests a few ways of doing
this: a) using q4, but the kernel needs to be "pxdb'd" (i.e. prepared for
debugging) and I don't trust that for a production system and b) using lsof
on a per-process basis which isn't useful either.

If I find something useful I'll summarize.

Thanks.

--
Olivier Massé
Évolution des Infrastructures Informatiques, Hydro-Québec