[HPADM] /etc/lvmconf

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 15:11:50 EDT

I have been moving allot of data from EMC RAID-S to EMC RAID-1. In doing
so, I create a separate volume group on the RAID-1 similar to the original
(i.e. original volume group is vg_oracle, new volume group vg_oracleM). I
also do the same thing for each logical volume for the volume group. Once I
migrate the data to RAID-1 volume group, I unmount both filesystems and
mount the filesystem from RAID-1 on the original mountpoint. After a couple
of days I go back and remove the RAID-S volume group which has been
unmounted all this time. Hence the migration is complete. I have noticed
under /etc/lvmconf, the .conf and .mapfiles related to the old logical
volumes are still there taking up space in my / filesystem. There are also
many .conf.old files out there. And now my question: Can the .conf files
and .mapfiles from the old RAID-S logical volumes be removes manually and
can the .conf.old files for the existing logical volumes be removed?

Thanks,

Jim Naylor
Unix Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.