[HPADM] SUMMARY: FTP as root

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 10:03:01 EDT

Thanks to the following for their excellent suggestions:
Bruno Hautecoeur
ILicR
Rita Workman Vance Brasher
David Loge
Aaron Bennet
Thorsten Schocke
Richard Wright
Ef Hartman

Many suggestions and I checked them all. It turned out to be the
/etc/shells did not have the /sbin/sh entry. I am also attaching a link to
a good ftp troubleshooting guide and anonymous ftp setup document which was
sent to me by Vance Brasher. Good document. Once again thanks to all of
you.

Anonymous ftp setup and FTP troubleshooting guide.
(http://www.wagoneers.com/UNIX/HP-UX/ftp-setup-tshoot.html)

Jim Naylor
Unix Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.