[HPADM] Changing IP's

From: Clint Bateman (cbateman@nutritionforlife.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 15:04:04 EDT

What kind of things should I look for when changing IP's? We tried to do
it this last weekend and one of my servers kept dropping its connection.
We could ping the machine but not telnet to it. At times we could reach
the machine but at times it would not let me telnet in. We are changing
to a whole new subnet. We changed the IP through SAM and changed some
IP's in the host file and made changes to the netconf file. We are
running HPUX 10.20. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Clint Bateman
Systems Operation Manager
Nutrition For Life International