[HPADM] SUMMARY: Weird GSP Errors

From: Ayson, Alison {Info~Palo Alto} (ALISON.AYSON@ROCHE.COM)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 12:05:33 EDT

Thanks to the many replies (over 20). The basic consensus is that this is
indeed a firmware problem. However, sometimes updating the firmware didn't
fix the problem (or the problem changed). Oftentimes a GSP reset will make
the errors go away (for awhile at least). I decided to reset the GSP and
wait to see if the errors come back. I reset the GSP yesterday (nervously,
it's not supposed to cause a reboot but I was still nervous). Today I
didn't get the usual error so resetting the GSP seems to have worked. We'll
see how long it lasts.

By the way, to reset the GSP you get to the GSP prompt then type "XD" then
"R".

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

-- Alison Ayson
   Roche Bioscience