[HPADM] NIS user login in hp-ux 11.0

From: Rajdeep Sengupta (rajdeep@noida.atrenta.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 00:51:32 EDT

Hi Managers,

I have a small problem which I am sure few of you have faced.
I have a C class workstation loaded with hp-ux 11.0 (64 bit) and it is
connected to my network . We use NIS for user home and authetication.
What I have found that normally if the username exceeds 8 character in
NIS all other machine including hp-ux 10.2 machines allows to login. But

my hp-ux 11.0 (64 bit) machine doesnot allow any user to login if his
username exceeds 8 character. It perfectly works if the username is of 8

characters or below.
So Can anyone suggest any workaround so that the username which are of 9

characters can loggon.

My constraint is, I cannot change the username from 9 to 8 ..

pls help

thanks

-Rajdeep