[HPADM] SUMMARY Crash log file

From: fcheung (fcheung@solution-soft.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 13:02:36 EDT

Thanks to all who wrote to me:

Anand Hampayya
Anil Rajapure
Arturo Matiz
BAKHSHESH Kazem
Dave Ritchie
Eef Hartman
Jose Antonio
Mike Keighley

Inorder to capture a crash core dump your system need to:

enough primary swap partition and = or > RAM
enough free space on /var
(The enough means > 128 Mb)
/etc/rc.config.d/crashconf
CRASHCONF_EMABLE=1

Place to see the crash info:
/var/adm/crash
/var/tombstones/ts*
/etc/shutdownlog
/etc/rc.log

The image can be analyzed by q4.

Frank

Original question:

My system was crashed but I didn't get any info from the /var/adm/crash.
The file size is 0. Can anyone tell me how can I log the crash info to a
file and where is that locate. Can I read it by vi?

Thanks,

Frank

 Archives:  ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin       (FTP, browse
only)
            http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin   (Web, browse &
search)