[HPADM] fuser

From: Yonghe Yan (Yonghe.Yan@alverno.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 10:22:11 EDT

Good Morning HPAdmins:

I have searched the archive and could not find an answer myself.

I need to kill all the processes that in a database before performing database maintenance. What I thought was to fuser -k /livedb. But when I do fuser -u /livedb, sometimes root processes will show up, such as inetd. So fuser -k will kill inetd and nobody can access any other databases that are available. I don't understand why some root processes will show up when do fuser -u /livedb.

How can I accomplish this? Thank you and I will summarize.

Yonghe