[HPADM] Application errors

From: Chuck Lam (chuck_lam@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 12:50:47 EDT

Good morning,
I have a K420 running HP-UX10.20. Yesterday, users
could not run their applications on this server. There
was no errors in the syslog, but in the application
log, I found the following messages:

"Unable to create shared memory segment of size
746560. No space left on device"

I understood that the application failed due to the
exhaustion of the shared memory and the problem went
away after the reboot. I like to see if anyone has
any idea for me to prevent this from happeninng again.
Is there any way for me to increase the shared memory?
The system has been very stable and I have never seen
this error before in this server.

Thank you.