[HPADM] SUMMARY: dead harddrive?

From: Lee, Janet (janet.lee@nist.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 11:42:31 EDT

Many thanks to all who replied:

Matt Morris
Craig Johnson
Joseph Salzer
Tim Cook
Jon Carter
Scott Thornberry
Thomas Jeber
Ansy Cranston
Michael Lampi
Jeff Cleverly
Bill Hassell
James Banston
Eef Hartman

The general consensus was that my harddrive had suffered some mechanical
breakdown. I also had one of the engineers listen to it, and he thought it
was possibly a ball bearing going. Although there were many suggestions on
how to resurrect the drive, I went the easy route and restored from my
backup to a spare disk (yah Omniback).

Janet