[HPADM] Reducing VXFS Filesystem Size

From: Stocker Nick (StockerN@logica.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 11:43:55 EDT

> I am going to ask a question I feel I should know the answer to but it
> appears to be not as simple as it looks:
>
> I basically wanted to reduce a filesystem to slightly more than the amount
> of space it's using to recover some disk space for other use.
>
> I have already reduced the size of the logical volume to the lower size
> but you can still mount the filesystem and bdf shows it as it's original
> size (larger than the LV). So how do I reduce the size of the FS to match
> the LV? I know about extendfs and newfs but there doesn't seem to be a
> 'reducefs' command.) Am I going to have to remove it and recreate from
> scratch? If so, what's the point of being able to reduce the LV size and
> not the FS?
>
> Your help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick.
>
> Nick Stocker
> Logica Services Ltd

This e-mail and any attachment is intended for the recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to commercial privilege.It should not be copied, disclosed to or used by any other party.If you are not a named recipient, please delete this e-mail and any attachment and promptly inform the sender,or please notify us immediately by a reversed charge telephone call to +44 (0) 1656 765 000