[HPADM] MCSG cluster lock

From: Ken Felmly (kfelmly@h40a.resva.trw.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 11:12:12 EDT

Hi list.

I just noticed something that happens when I fail over to the secondary.
 Reading the syslog.log, I see that when the first box packages stop,
the syslog on the secondary tells me this:

cmcld: Clearing Cluster Lock
cmcld: Request to clear cluster lock /dev/dsk/c6t0d0 failed: Device busy
cmcld: 1 nodes have formed a new cluster, sequence #2
cmcld: The new active cluster membership is: <hostname>(id=2)
cmcld: Cluster lock disk /dev/dsk/c6t0d0 is back on-line
LVM: vgchange ...

This process holds up the failover by about a minute until it is back
on-line.
Any ideas?

Also, I was wondering about setting up a secondary lock disk and if the
secondary could be the pvlink to the same disk. We have 2 paths to the
device, but some clusters will only have 1 volume group (1 LUN
attachment). I was wondering if there was a way to use the PVlink if
the primary link was down on the same volume group.

Thanks.