[HPADM] switch provisioning applications - Summary

From: Mani, Chandrashekar (Chandrashekar.Mani@astrazeneca.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 11:46:10 EDT

Hi!
          Another response from Leon.

The conclusion is good for sysadmin, however Andy's guess for
what switch provisioning does is wrong ;-)
What it does is the communication with the switch about telephone
numbers. One simple example - you're prepaid customer and you've
5$ left on your account. You place a long distance call and talk, now
sw prov apps would tell the switch to cut off the call once you out of
money.

Leon