[HPADM] rcmd error

From: Jim Langston (jim.langston@walkerfirst.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 12:08:00 EDT

Folks,

I have set up remsh so that a user can remsh from a box called "symfora" to
box called "zander". On "zander", I've set up the .rhost file and the
/etc/host.equiv file. However, when this one user "psoft" tries to remsh to
zander from symfora, he gets this:

symfora:/home/psoft >remsh -l bdf
rcmd: -l: Unknown host

Any ideas??

Below are the .rhost and the /etc/hosts.equiv files off of zander.

zander@root:/ $ cat .rhosts
yajna.walkerassoc.com
symfora.walkerassoc.com
symfora-fast.walkerassoc.com
appsrv
zander@root:/ $ cat /etc/hosts.equiv
hal9000.walkerassoc.com oracle psoft
devel.walkerassoc.com oracle psoft
appsrv.walkerassoc.com oracle psoft
yajna.walkerassoc.com oracle psoft
symfora.walkerassoc.com root oracle psoft
symfora-fast.walkerassoc.com root oracle psoft
symfora.walkerassoc.com root oracle psoft
zander@root:/ $

Jim Langston
Unix Administrator
Walker & Associates