[HPADM] SUMMARY - RE: installing wrapper errors / shipped C

From: Palmer, Neal (NPalmer@uwic.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 04:46:11 EDT

Hi,

No response on this one, but I found a wrapper depot file which installed as
smoothly as something very smooth indeed. Anyone know how swinstall can do
things so easily, yet 'make' nearly always gives me hassle?!

The question about gcc and the shipped C libraries, still stands, if anyone
can tell me what the best practice is. i.e. stick to shipped, or replace
with better version?

Cheers

Neal.