[HPADM] [SUMMARY] rlogind: Host address mismatch

From: Jon B. Carter (Jon.Carter@post.serco.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 09:51:45 EDT

Hi all,

Once again, thanks to Bill Hassell for bailing me out on this one. I've now added patch PHNE_23003 and the problem has gone away.
As Bill correctly surmised, I have more than one LAN card in one of the offending machines.

Thanks again to all who replied.
Best regards,
Jon Carter

> I'm not running DNS on these machines at the moment and there is no
> /etc/resolv.conf.
>
> If I use nslookup on either the hostnames or IP addresses I get the same
> /etc/nsswitch.conf is OK.
>
> >From machine A I can rlogin to B & C
> >From machine B I can rlogin to A & C
> >From machine C I can rlogin to A but not B, I immediately get the error
> 'rlogind: Host address mismatch..'
>
> I have also checked /etc/rc.config.c/netconf and all looks correct.
>
> On all machines I can rlogin to themselves.

  Do you have multiple LAN cards in any of the machines? (This includes
  LAN cards with multiple IP addresses assigned to the same card)? If so,
  this may be the problem:

--
rlogind: Host address mismatch
is generated by rlogind in the following case: