[HPADM] Script-nis help.

From: Joe Crawford (abjcrawford@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 09:42:40 EDT

Hi Gurus:

 I have a script requirement which would have to run
on any given machine, it should be able to find which
is the Master NIS Server and which would be the
slaves. In our current production we have 1 Master and
3 Slaves. In our Development/Testing we have 1 Master
and 1 Slave. The script should print out a statement

The Master server is ---------
The Slave is/are ....
The following command would give the required info..
ypcat -k ypservers (would print all the servers)
ypwhich -m ypservers (would print out the master).
Can someone help here please.

Thanks
Joe.