[HPADM] RE: predict OmniBack backups and tape usage SUMMARY

From: Stan.Stewart@aventis.com
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 15:10:10 EDT

Thanks again for the many excellent responses. The most helpful response
came from Tim Reed. I'm now working on a script that will use Tim's
starting point to get us what we want.

Stan,

I'm still using Omniback 3.0, but the commands may still work.

To list the sessions scheduled in the next 2 days:
`/opt/omni/bin/omnirpt -report lookup_sch -schedule 2`

Getting device information from Omniback is more difficult. For backups to
occur in the next day, try this short script:

for i in `omnirpt -report lookup_sch -schedule 0 -tab | tail +8 | awk
'{print $1}'`
do
  echo "$i: `grep ^DEVICE /etc/opt/omni/datalists/$i | awk '{print $2}'`"
done

You may need to adjust this a little if the format of the reports is
different in version 3.5.

>From my experience, Omniback support only instructs on using the GUI. You
can do much more with the command line than with the GUI.

Good luck,
Tim