[HPADM] COM port again

From: Jon B. Carter (Jon.Carter@post.serco.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 06:11:21 EDT

Hi All,

Ref: B2000 workstation running HPUX 10.2

I have com port trouble again. We use an Xterm window in which we type the command 'cu -l tty0p0'. The com port is connected to a processor in a piece of test equipment. We then use the Xterm window as a dumb terminal for the said processor.

This normally works fine but on the last three machines we have it doesn't work. I have checked the usual places such as /etc/uucp/Devices and the tty files in /dev.

This problem is becoming very embarassing now so any help would be very much appreciated.

(gettydefs are all OK but I don't think they affect this case, i.e. using system as dumb terminal)

Best regards & TIA,
Jon Carter