[HPADM] ignite / showmount question

From: Hustert Klaus-CKH035 (Klaus.Hustert@motorola.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 08:24:25 EDT

Hi all,
I have a little bit trouble to set up an ignite server. Through some experiments to bring the ignite server into a nfs structure (e.g install ignite as ignite it wants to be on place and than moving the /opt/ignite; /var/opt/ignite and /etc/opt/ignite in one nfs file system => /nfs/ignite/opt_ignite; /nfs/ignite/var_opt_ignite and /nfs/ignite/etc_opt_ignte; after this three links will pointed to this new place and all should looks fine, BUT trying to add some clients it runs in trouble to add them (do not know why). I tried this with support from HP and they could not solve this (time for them is running two month now). I told HP that we can install the ignite stuff absolutely normal and the problems are also still there (HP installed it by themselve on our machines with the same result, ups !!).
What I did after this pain :
1. I removed all ignite stuff via swremove and rm (incl. links)
2. I downloaded the ignite11_ALL.tar from the HP software page again (HP mixed some filesets wrong in past)
3. I checked all exports and did an exportfs -u if it was necessary
4. I installed ignite as standard
5. I tried to add a new client in ignite and run in a problem, which I think is to main problem:
    showmount -a shows me that the new client has already mounted the /var/opt/ignite/clients file system,
    when I check this on the client I see that it is NOT true

Now to the easy question: Which command let a HP 11.00 box forget the still mounted client entry
EXAMPLE: Server1 --- showmount -a => Server2:/var/opt/ignite/clients
                Server2 --- mount => no /var/opt/ignite/clients is mounted

Each suggestion is welcome
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
  Klaus