Backup using shadow image (or similar)

From: Edson Noboru Yamada (eyamada@DIVEO.NET.BR)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 16:28:52 EST

Hello,

I have a cluster with 2 nodes, one active and other in standby mode.
The data disk is mounted by the active node only.

What IŽd like to do in order to backup this disk is:

a) Make a disk shadow image (that is a exact copy of the original);
b) Make the standby node mount the shadow image;
c) The standy node could then backup the data.

Is that possible?

I was told that as the both disks PVID are exactly the same,
AIX can not accept this situation. Is that true?

Thank you