Re: Scripting/Information Help

From: Aaron W Morris (aaronmorris@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 17:22:23 EST

terry.german@PHONES4U.CO.UK wrote:
> Guru's,
>
> As I am not a wizz on scripting I was just wondering if anyone out there can
> help me.
>
> I want to find out which users on our M80 running AIX 4.3.3 have not
> accessed there id for the last 6 months?
>
> If anyone could help it would be great...
>
> Thanks
>
> Terry German

I wrote a script specifically for this purpose several years ago. I
wrote different pieces at varying levels of knowledge of perl, so I the
code might not look great. I wrote it for AIX 4.3, and I know it runs
on AIX 5.1 as well (not sure about 5.2).

It takes an unlimited number of parameters and gives you a separated
list of users that have not logged in since the given time periods....

ie. lastlogin.pl 8h 3d 9w 6m 4y

would give you 5 lists (with no duplicates) of users that have not
logged in within
8 hours
3 days
9 weeks