Re: need solutions when making RAID10 array on 7133

From: JOSEPH KREMBLAS (JKREMBLAS@REDHEARTGIFTS.COM)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 10:04:25 EST

Thursday, March 25, 2004

For the sake of clarity, RAID 10 is striping (RAID 0) plus mirroring
(RAID 1); also known as a 0+1 RAID configuration. Please correct me if
I'm wrong.

disks can only be accessed by A and the secondary pdisks can only be
accessed by B?", I say, "Yes; but why--considering that RAID 10 is
predominantly the application of a mirrored solution?" In essence,
employing a RAID 10 solution to be shared between two nodes is nothing
more than providing a failover solution, to wit, in the event that Host
A goes down, then Host B can take ownership of the RAID 10
array--meaning, taking ownership of the primary disks and its mirrors.
Why would you only want to take ownership of the secondary disks that
I'm calling the "mirrors"?

Am I on track with my assumptions?