Re: p650 HMC software version Upgrade?

From: Ralph R. Rye (RyeR@SCHNEIDER.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 12:10:22 EST

We are running Release 3 Version 2.6 on our HMC's, and it seems to work
fine.

You can still ssh into the system remotely but your are given a restricted
shell. You can get around this by logging into the hmc directly as hmcroot
and then su to root. Then go to your home dir and edit your .bashrc and
remove the entries for sourcing the .mysshrc file. You can then su and
modify your .bashrc as you like.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Ralph

                      John F Riordan
                      <jriorda2@CSC.COM To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Fax to:
                      Discussion List Subject: p650 HMC software version Upgrade?
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      03/22/2004 10:28
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

Hi All,

Looking to see if anyone has updated their HMC software version to the
latest.
We are running Release 3 Version 2.2. IBM wants us to upgrade to the
latest, 2.6 (I think) however, I was told by support that the newer version
does not support remote connections to the HMC via ssh. I really don't
want to lose this feature.

Has anyone upgraded and has anyone found a work around for this new "lack
of feature".

Thanks in advance.
John

John Riordan