Re: Combining variables

From: Gene Sais (Gsais@CO.PALM-BEACH.FL.US)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 11:04:31 EST

Same thing, put in {}.

e.g.
for i in 1 2 3
do
echo PARM${i}
done

>>> atwalrs@YAHOO.COM 3/18/2004 10:47:41 AM >>>

Sorry guys...perhaps I didn't explain it well enough. Let me try
again...

If I have three parameters in a script thus:

PARM1=hello
PARM2=world
PARM3=bye

and I now build a for loop to echo the values

for i in 1 2 3
do
echo PARM$i (this is where I am stuck)
done

When I run the script I would want to see

hello
world
bye

instead of

PARM1
PARM2
PARM3

Hope that is clearer. I am stuck figuring out how to expand the PARM#
into the variable's actually value.

TIA

JOSEPH KREMBLAS <JKREMBLAS@REDHEARTGIFTS.COM> wrote:
PARM10=hello
AZ=10

echo ${PARM10}${AZ}

Note: Notice the braces around the variable name.