HTTP Request In A Script

From: Darryl Ousterhout (D.Ousterhout@LABSAFETY.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 12:18:55 EST

Admins,

Not sure if this can be done or not. I need to make an HTTP request to a
server from within a script. This is for a monitoring script that will
page my phone when a high threshold is reached (like a full filesystem).
I have the syntax from an .asp file that makes the request via a Windows
browser, but I have no clue how to do this from within a korn shell
script. Here is a sample of the syntax:

//var winhandle = window.open('http://xx.xx.xx.xxx/index.php?number=' +
txtNumber + '&message=' + txtMessage + '&Send=Send' , 'def',
width=700,height=600,screenX=0,screenY=0,location=no,resizable=yes,scrol
lbars=yes');

Or if anyone has something similar implemented that they'd like to
share, that would be a great help also.

Thanks in advance,
-Darryl