Re: Replacing Failing SSA Disk

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 13:04:40 EST

unmirrorvg hdisk17 will NOT unmirror the entire VG: it will remove mirror
copies of all LVs which exist in full or in part on hdisk17. i.e. It will
spread out beyond that disk, but no more than necessary. Subsequently,
mirrorvg (VG) will just re-build those parts necessary. I'd do it with the
"-s", so that I could check that the mirror copies are allocated correctly,
then run "syncvg -p hdisk17" myself. But I don't trust LVM to put things
where I want. If you have affected LVs on multiple volumes I'd be
(pleasantly) surprised if LVM got it right!

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.