Re: cannot start a telnet session to a node after mksysb installation [Virus checked]

From: JOSEPH KREMBLAS (jkremblas@REDHEARTGIFTS.COM)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 11:07:43 EST

Hi, Frank,

        Here are a few things you might want to check, with some
questions:

        1. Is there an entry in DNS for en2 of the new mksysb SP
node installation?
        2. Are your routing tables set up correctly on the new
mksysb SP node installation?
        3. Have you verified physical Ethernet connectivity on en2?

        4. Is the ipforwarding flag enabled? Should it be enabled?
        5. Is the subnetmask for en2 correct?
        6. Can you ping the nameserver (assuming DNS, please
clarify) from any other node in the SP platform?

        Because of the fact that you're enable to ping the DNS
nameserver on the new node, mayhap your routing tables are not set up
correctly, or there is no physical connectivity, or the default route is
not defined? Any other possibilities?

        You state that it is not possible to ping the node. Are you
saying that it's not possible to ping the en2 interface on the node; I
understand that you were able to log into the node over the SP
administrative interface (en0).