Re: Upgrade oracle first or upgrade ML11 first

From: jeff barratt-mccartney (jbarratt@COMPSAT.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 09:16:38 EST

I would not do testing until after both the OS and oracle is patched.
It seems that a test of patched oracle and unpatched OS is useless when you
will not be running it that way once you upgrade the OS.

Likewise vice versa, testing unpatched oracle with a patched OS is also not
a valid test, as it is not indicative of what the environment will be in
finality.

I am also with simon on the backout procedures, I would put much more
emphasis on what to do if something goes awry.