Re: Antwort: Re: Urgent!! rootvg over 2 disks? [Virus checked]

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 14:23:38 EST

Have you updated the SDR with the new rootvg disks?
spchvgobj -r rootvg -h hdisk0,hdisk1,hdisk2,hdisk3 -c 2 -q false -l
node_number

Once you've run setup_server, double-check that everything is correct in
splstdata -b and splstdata -v.

Check that the bootlist is correct, too.

A colleague of mine did a migration from 433 to 51 last weekend (SP attached
S7A) after extending rootvg to four disks, without problems. He DID find
that there's insufficient space in the SDR entry - or possibly just the
splstdata output field - to specify SCSI addresses for four disks so he just
used the logical names.

If you have problems, I have found that it is sometimes helpful to unmirror
rootvg, then re-build the mirror after the migration.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.