Re: Test Environment

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 09:25:17 EST

I have a sandbox for my complete usage. No SLA. I can blow it away and
play Quake on it if I desire.
Our production systems have a Development and QA environment for the
application and database people to work and test on.
We have a another system that is a sandbox for the application and database
people to test anything they want on it.

BV

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

             Davies Sue
             <sue.davies@LBBD.
             GOV.UK> To
             Sent by: IBM AIX aix-l@Princeton.EDU
             Discussion List cc
             <aix-l@Princeton.
             EDU> Subject
                                       Test Environment

             03/03/2004 07:55
             AM

             Please respond to
                  IBM AIX
              Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton.

I'm trying to get the management to buy a machine so I can have an area to
test stuff before doing it in the production environment. Does everybody
have such a test environment? I know all my colleagues using other
operating systems have them. I appreciate that I only have 5 AIX boxes but
one of those has all our pension records and two of the others have all the
data for Social Services so I think they're quite important. I'd
appreciate
knowing what other people do. Do you have to just be careful in a
production environment or do you have a test area too

Many Thanks

Suzanne Davies
Technical Support Officer
Civic Centre
Wood Lane
Dagenham
Essex
RM10 7BY

020 8227 2737

http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk
E-mail confidentiality notice.
This message is intended for the addressee(s) only.
It may be private, confidential and may be covered by legal
professional privilege or other confidentiality requirements.
If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify
the sender immediately on +44(0)20-8592-4500 and delete the
message from all locations in your computer network.
Do not copy this e-mail or use it for any purpose or disclose
its contents to any person: to do so may be unlawful'