Re: Filesystem Best Practices

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 11:10:54 EST

For database containers, a very large nbpi under JFS, to utilize the space
most efficiently with a small number of very large files.
Where possible, manually control the placement of LVs to protect against
head contention.

There are many more but I'll stop there.

BV

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

             Drew Myers
             <myersd@VANGUARDC
             AR.COM> To
             Sent by: IBM AIX aix-l@Princeton.EDU
             Discussion List cc
             <aix-l@Princeton.
             EDU> Subject
                                       Filesystem Best Practices

             03/02/2004 09:54
             AM

             Please respond to
                  IBM AIX
              Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton.

Hello all,

I've been asked to draft a filesystem layout/configuration best
practices document, and I was hoping you folks from the list might mention
some of the guidelines you use.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)