Re: Server migration - Shark specific

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 05:36:18 EST

We've done the same sort of thing without any problems: our SHARK IS on a
SAN.
The SHARK drivers aren't normally installed, but if you're doing a clone
that shouldn't be a problem.

Usually, we build the target system in advance - we make use of aliases for
all of our user connections, so we don't have a problem with IP addresses.
Then, when the time comes to move it we exportvg from the source system,
shift the cables, cfgmgr and importvg on the target system. Then sort out
the DPO gubbins.

If you want to build a system in advance, you need to consider synchronising
other filesystems - /tmp, /var, /home. Anything not on the SAN we just copy
over the network when we come to migrate.

It helps to be set up using automounted home directories, and some form of
central authentication control.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.