Re: consumption memory

From: Jason delaFuente (jason.delafuente@GBE.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 10:23:54 EST

You may ask your DBA's what they have the Oracle SGA set at. I'm not a DBA expert but my understanding is that the SGA setting is how much memory Oracle claims when it starts up. For example, due to the high SGA setting we have on our Oracle Databases our available memory almost always is 0 or close to it.

Jason de la Fuente

>>> gilberto.hitoshi@BULL.COM.BR 02/25/04 05:18PM >>>
I have machine with 12 cpus and 16 Gbytes of memory. The machine is using
vantive apllication and oracle 8i. Aix 4.3.3.81 .
I'm having problem with memory. Any moment , the memory is 0 . In this
moment , i trying killed all processes , but the machine not release the
memory, and i need reboot the server. I changed the vmtune to
/usr/samples/kernel/vmtune -f 1440 -F 1456
/usr/samples/kernel /vmtune -p 5 -P 30 -t 30, but the problem still
continue.
Anyone has any idea about this problem?

Hitoshi