Re: DST Changes

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 04:59:35 EST

I believe that for you, PST8PDT is sufficient. (Although in my recent
research into timezones I found that there are a few states where there are
some weird exceptions.)

When I code it, I don't normally specify the offset for DST. However, if
you wanted to do so it would be PST8PDT9,M4.1.0/02:00:00,M10.5.0/02:00:00,
(the minutes and seconds are optional). I think!

It's easy to check, because you can just set it in your own shell and run a
date command to see what you get. e.g. export TZ=PST8PDT9,M2.1.0,M10.5.0.
That will give you - and you alone! - an effective DST starting at the
beginning of Feb, so you'll be able to confirm that the ...PDT9... bit does
what you want.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.