Re: SAN Adapter Stats

From: jeff barratt-mccartney (jbarratt@COMPSAT.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 21:42:11 EST

you can get ad hoc throughput numbers from the mcdata web interface(or cli)
or from nmon. I suspect you will see what 90% of my customers see (under
utilized at 1Gb/2Gb). If you are in the other 10% look at your fabric
design, data layout and # of connections.

If you have the luxury, you might want to check out www.iozone.org the
iozone tool allows you to do a plethora of i/o tests to measure thoughput.
You can also glean historical numbers from the Total Storage Expert
(StorWatch Expert) if you purchased and configured that.