Re: AIX Preventative maintenance

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 12:02:38 EST

nothing. keep up to date with the maintenance levels. That's about it. I've
never noticed any performance increase with the defragfs, though there may be
some. I try to reboot the servers once a year or so, mostly out of
paranoia. we do have heavily loaded servers up more than 400 days.

If you want to get into true detail: errpt -a|more every morning.
periodically check disk usage. run topas or nmon during peak processing
times. we run sarstats and graph them over time for trend analysis, but none
of that is really "maintenance" on the boxes.