Re: External swap

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 10:43:20 EST

There are often system and adapter microcode updates that allow SAN
booting. I did this on a p670 a while back.

BV

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

             Jason delaFuente
             <jason.delafuente
             @GBE.COM> To
             Sent by: IBM AIX aix-l@Princeton.EDU
             Discussion List cc
             <aix-l@Princeton.
             EDU> Subject
                                       Re: External swap

             02/12/2004 09:12
             AM

             Please respond to
                  IBM AIX
              Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton.

I have a question related to this. We are running a Fiber Channel SAN.
When we setup our already running system to run/boot from ESS disks I just
used alternate_disk_install to clone the rootvg onto the SAN disks and then
rebooted. Everything worked fine. When I tried to do an initial BOS
install onto Shark disks I can see the drives on the installation screens
but they are not recognized as bootable. As a result I keep getting a
message stating that "At least one bootable drive must be selected". Has
anyone else run into this issue?

Jason de la Fuente

>>> BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM 02/11/04 09:53AM >>>
Anyone out there using swap space on an ESS ?