Re: External swap

From: jeff barratt-mccartney (jbarratt@COMPSAT.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 23:30:18 EST

swap on ESS works sufficently well. not really best practice on 4.3.3 due to
the inability control it dynamically. seems to be about as fast as internal
pgsp(read as :no significant perf hits when moving swap to ess(direct attach
to ess do get about a 10% perf boost with no fabric btw). internal disk pgsp
is a heck of a lot cheaper, as is physical RAM in those boxes that swap
excessively. in older boxes, ram is cheaper than ESS LUNs, obviously you
have to pay now for RAM, and ESS space may be available for nothing.