Re: NFS file truncating

From: cbaker@GOODYEAR.COM
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 15:14:59 EST

No JFS errors in the errpt on the P655. (Actually, at the time of the last
few failed file copies, there have been no errpt entries at all.)

Christopher M. Baker
Senior Technical Support Analyst
DSE/TCO
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May not be copied or disseminated without the expressed
written consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.

                      pSeries AIX Geek
                      <aixgeek@YAHOO.C To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      OM> cc: (bcc: Chris Baker/NA/GDYR)
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Re: NFS file truncating
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton
                      .EDU>

                      02/11/2004 12:21
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

Are you getting JFS fragmentation errors in the error
report? On the 4MB boundary, you go from using single
indirection to double indirection and if you don't
have enough CONTIGUOUS free space, you'll get this
issue.

Look in your error report for fragmentation errors,
and look into running defragfs.

- pAG